Acquisitions of 11/2005
Draft of 2005.11.19 ☛ 2015.03.17 ☛ 2017.07.17
There have been a few weeks during which stress levels have been rising. School, you know. Following the lead of Dr. Burstein, a public expression of the indulgent symptoms of my recent academic stress. As the great B. B. King once said… well, see title, above. These will end up being scanned and submitted to Distributed Proofreaders:
- Poetical Quotations, from Chaucer to Tennyson, with Copious Indexes: Authors, 550; Subjects, 435; Quotations, 13,600 by S. Austin Allibone. Lippincott, 1874.
- Master Minds in Art, Science and Letters: A Book for Boys by W. H. Davenport Adams. John Hogg, London. Undated, c. 1880.
- Sears’ Pictorial Family Annual, ed. and published by Robert Sears. 1850.
- Sartain’s Union Magazine of Literature & Art, 1850.
- The London Catalogue of Books, with Their Sizes, Prices, and Publishers. Containing the Books Published in London, and Those Altered in Size or Price, Since the Year MDCCCXIV to MDCCCXXXIX., Robert Dent, London, MDCCCXXXIX.
- Duality of Voice: An Outline of Original Research by Emil Sutro. Knickerbocker Press, 1899.
- THE TERM CATALOGUES, 1668-1709 A.D.; A Contemporary Bibliography of English Literature in the Reigns of Charles II, James II, William and Mary, and Anne. In Three Volumes. by Edward Arber. London, 1903–06.
- A Critical Dictionary of English Literature and British and American Authors, Living and Deceased, from the Earliest Accounts to the Latter Half of the Nineteenth Century, Containing Over Forty-six Thousand Articles (Authors), With Forty Indexes of Subjects by S. Austin Allibone. 3 vol. Lippincott, 1880.
- A Supplement to Allibone’s Critical Dictionary of English Literature, and British and American Authors, Containing over Thirty-seven Thousand Articles (Authors), and Enumerating Over Ninety-three Thousand Titles. John Foster Kirk. 2 vol. Lippincott, 1891.
- Ainsworth’s Magazine: A Miscellany of Romance, General Literature, & Art. ed. William Harrison Ainsworth. Vol III. 1843. [missing illustrations by Cruikshank :(]
- The Contemporary Review, Volume XXXVII, January–June, 1880. Strahan & Company, London.